Saturday, February 28, 2015

Secrets.

I’m currently writing the sequel to Black Eyed Boy. Black Eyed Boy isn’t out for over a month. And you know what? It’s a pretty lonely world. You know why? Secrets. And trying to keep them all to myself, locked in the vault. That’s quite hard. Because I am massively excited about, well, EVERYTHING!

Black Eyed Boy is bulging with secrets that I just can’t tell you about. People ask me about the book a lot and I find that I have to monitor my words very carefully. My brain has to adopt a special filter to ensure that I don’t give anything away. This would work better if I was gagged, I expect. I am bursting to reveal all and tell you everything but I have to, somehow, maintain the mystery and only let you see the tiniest of glimpses.

Writing the sequel is both brilliantly fun and an isolated, solitary pursuit. Things are happening. It is a tense story filled with, yep, you guessed it: more bloody secrets. And it’s killing me. None of you have read my first novel yet. You don’t know what happens at the end. So, I have to completely shut my excitable big mouth with the plot of this novel. I can’t even tell you about the bit where … No. You won’t believe it when … No. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!


April 3rd can’t come quick enough. I think I will feel a lot better when people have read the book and I can actually discuss it. Also, I can’t write this next book quick enough either. I need to type until my fingers drop off and send it away to the publisher as soon as is humanly possible. Then, I can start the third instalment: I see it as a poignant and touching end to the story. Another story full of … secrets. Oh dear. This is going to be a testing time. Must. Shut. Mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment