Tuesday, April 21, 2015

#MeetTheBoy

Top things to love about THE boy.

Not that there’s anything to dislike about hot gypsy boy, Dylan. But I feel like celebrating THE Black-Eyed Boy. My book is all about him, of course.

Hey, I may as well begin by stating the bloody obvious. He’s gorgeous. Look at him. LOOK. AT. HIM. I seriously wonder how I ever get any work done. ‘He was tanned and toned, and was wearing only a pair of black shorts and some tatty trainers. He was tall and ridiculously handsome. His bare chest and confidence made me lose composure. Suddenly I felt much too hot.’



He believes in romance and is quite old-fashioned in his chivalry. “I think this is the bit where I lean in for a kiss,” he said. I beamed at his romantic movie analogy as his lips tormented me, promising to kiss mine but teasingly moving away at that last minute.



He may not have had the practice but he certainly knows how to kiss his girl. At once, Dylan climbed on top of me and kissed me hungrily. The fact that we were in his bed and lacking our usual amount of clothes wasn’t lost on me. My whole body throbbed, and I could feel that he was excited too. A little moan escaped my lips as I felt the familiar pressure building up, and the need for all of him. This was becoming more tempting every time. I don’t think my moaning helped, because he let out a frustrated sigh and rolled off me, back on to the bed.’



He has an army of teenage girls lusting after him but he only ever has eyes for Emily. “You also have beautiful legs,” he said. “Do I?” I asked, surprised. I’d never really thought about my legs before, they were mostly just there so I could walk to school. “Oh yes, you definitely have beautiful legs.”



He’s spontaneous and fun. He seizes the day, making him a perfect match for an over-thinking Emily. “For you, my lady. Not exactly diamonds, I grant you, but here is a small token of my affection,” he said, going down on one knee, in front of everyone in the tiny amusement arcade. Once again, I knew I was blushing. “Please stand up,” I whispered, “Everyone is looking.” “So what? They’re just jealous of this magnificent treasure which I bestow upon you.” I could see that people were watching us, but the comical charm of Dylan soon made me realise that I didn’t care either.



Dylan is just so utterly charming. He rolled his eyes at me and grinned. “You’re going to make me say it, aren’t you?” “Say what?” I asked, genuinely puzzled. “Pretty,” he said, never taking his gaze from mine. My usually high levels of self-consciousness turned up another notch and I could feel that my face was burning scarlet. “Don’t be daft,” I said, turning away, and beaming a secret smile.



He makes Emily see the positive side of things; things she should be thankful for. “What a lovely place to live. I don’t think I would ever get bored looking out at that.” He was really making me see my home town, properly, without the mist of the everyday. I knew he was right. It was as though he was handing me back a series of joys which I hadn’t experienced for a while. I vastly appreciated that.



He’s protective and supportive. “I’ll take care of her,” said Dylan. I admired the authority in his voice. He wasn’t going to let anyone tell me what to do. It probably helped that he looked slightly older than his years, I thought, as they didn’t question him.



He’s patient and understanding. “You’re being very brave,” Dylan told me. I didn’t feel like it. With every minute that went by I felt increasingly more like a helpless toddler. I needed him to hold my hand just to help me function.



All in all, he is just so lovable. The crowd shivered with tales of shadows of hanging corpses and the ghosts of one-armed fishermen. But my goose-bumps were caused not by that, but by the growing excitement that I was feeling, brought to me by this mysterious and delicious boy. I felt glad when the walk came to an end and the people dispersed. I wanted it to be just the two of us. I tried not to think and hope how the evening may end; for now I was wrapped up in living the moment, happy to be in his company.



If you haven't met him yet, here's a link to Black Eyed Boy:


 #MeetTheBoy






No comments:

Post a Comment